General Website Questions:
Is the website secure?
Yes – We use SSL security technology to encrypt personal information that is sent through our website. We use an XRamp SSL 128-bit secure encryption technology that is widely used on most ecommerce websites. Please visit our Secure Transactions section to view more details about our website security.
What is our return policy?
Please view our Return Policy.
What is our cancellation policy?
If an order has not yet shipped, we will cancel the order. If an order has already been shipped or delivered, the customer will be responsible for return shipping charges. Upon receipt of the order, the customer must accept it, and call us when they receive it - if they still want to cancel their order. Canceling an order AFTER it has shipped is also subject to a re-stocking charge of 25%, in most cases, as well as return shipping charges.
Can the average consumer make a purchase?
Yes – Our website is designed to service both businesses and consumers.
Can I use my own freight company/account?
Yes – but arrangements are complicated and must be made in advance with the Customer Service Representative at the time the order is placed.
What is the expected lead time?
Products that are shipped directly from our warehouses generally ship in 10 to 14 business days. Products that are “manufactured-to-order” generally ship in 2 to 3 weeks; however, complicated orders may take longer.
How are shipping costs calculated?
Shipping costs are based on numerous factors, including:
- All shipping quotes come directly from the carriers’ (i.e. UPS, ABF Freight Lines, York Transportation, etc.) on-line, real-time quoting systems.
- In general, all carriers use information that relates to, but is not limited to, the product’s weight and size as measured in cubic volume (Some restrictions are put in place by “parcel carriers,” such as UPS & FedEx, to protect their drivers from heavy weights or bulky volumes, causing many of our products to ship via common carriers, who use - tractor/trailer equipment to move the freight, and rely on the customer to unload their own products).
- In recent years, a fuel surcharge is often added to freight orders, due to the high cost and erratic fluctuation of fuel costs.
Why are some products shipped freight, while others are shipped via UPS?
UPS items are restricted to no more than 150 lbs. In addition, UPS has size restrictions due to its truck size and handling capability. For items that weigh more than 150 lbs., we provide common carrier service at a pre-negotiated deep discount rate.
Please explain the liftgate and call-ahead notice.
These are shipping options presented at checkout. They are recommended for heavy and/or large shipments. These options are only available for freight shipment via a common carrier semi-truck. A power liftgate will assist the receiver by lowering the merchandise from the truck to the ground for easy removal. Order a power liftgate if you are unable to unload the shipment (due to lack of truck dock and/or fork-lift). The customer must remove the shipment from the liftgate. Drivers are not required to help remove a shipment from a truck.
Will we ship to P.O. boxes?
Billing & Payment Questions:
Do we accept credit cards?
Yes – Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
Can I pay with a purchase order online?
We only accept purchase orders (PO) from governments, schools and medical facilities. For all other buyers, we accept credit card or check prepay. If you have not purchased via PO previously, your account will need to be approved by our accounting department prior to shipment of your order. After approval, you will be able to place PO orders at your discretion, with some limitations.
Special Offers & Discount Questions:
Will we offer any discounts to the following industries: governments, schools, military, etc.?
We offer quantity break discounts on most of our products, but we will consider additional discounts on large purchases.
Do we offer sales & promotions?
Yes – Sign-up for our email offers on our website. Unless otherwise noted, all online promotions have the following exclusions: No discounts on taxes or shipping. Sales Offers are not valid on clearance items. Cannot be combined with any other discounts and are not valid on any prior purchases.
General Product Questions:
Are products shipped assembled?
Most of our products ship “knocked-down” with final assembly completed by the buyer. You can find out if assembly is required on the product page.
Do we offer a warranty?
Yes – Please visit our Product Warranty section to view the details associated with our product warranties. Our products shall be free of defects in material and workmanship for a minimum period of 1 year from the date of purchase. The product warranty period varies from product to product, and may be significantly longer than 1 year - depending on the product. If a product’s warranty is longer than 1 year, this longer warranty is listed on the individual product page.
What is the difference between inground, portable & surface mount?
- Inground - Product can be mounted in the ground for added security.
- Portable – Ability to move a product from location to location, sometimes this product has the option for surface mounting.
- Surface Mount – Certain products have pre-drilled holes in the frame, or flanges that can be mounted on the frame. Simply screw in a lag bolt to attach the product to the ground.